The goal of the Waterbabies scholarship program is to make swim classes accessible to all. We believe that to teach a child to swim is to give a gift for life and cost should not be prohibitive for anyone.
Families may apply for scholarships for WaterBabies classes if they have a financial hardship that puts our programs out of reach. Due to scheduling availability, scholarships are limited to the following classes:
- WaterBabies (parent and baby) Program lessons
- Those offered Tuesdays through Fridays
- Those at our Renton location
The number of scholarships available will vary, but we guarantee a minimum of five (5) scholarships at any given time for classes. Scholarships and schedule choices are granted on a first come, first served basis.
Qualified families will be notified if they are selected and asked to choose from the available class offerings. Scholarships are valid for six (6) consecutive months; if you receive a scholarship and wish to continue beyond the six months, notify Waterbabies office staff that you would like to be placed on the scholarship list again. After six months, families must reapply for consideration.
How to Apply
(1) Complete the application online, print, email/mail or deliver your completed application to us at our Renton facility.
(2) Include with your application an explanation of the hardship your family faces, and provide one or a combination of the following: proof of enrollment in free or reduced lunch program/WIC/Hopelink; your household’s most recent tax return; or the last 3 pay stubs for all income earners in your family.
(3) If you qualify and are selected for a scholarship, the Waterbabies office will contact you with schedule options as soon as spots become available. You will have 24 hours to confirm your spot, after which time we defer to the next person on the list.