Class Enrollment: Winter 2020 session enrollment was the final enrollment using the Loyalty Level Program. Effective April 2020, we will change to Monthly Perpetual Enrollment. Families enrolled in Winter will have the option to continue in their same time slot, moving into April.
New families can enroll any time. If the desired class is full, we encourage them to get on the waitlists for those classes. **Families enrolling in the Winter 2020 session will be prorated for the classes remaining now through March 27. **
Monthly Billing: Effective for classes starting in April 2020, tuition will be billed monthly. Accounts will be debited between the 15th and the 18th of each month for the number of classes that will be held the following month.
Monthly tuition is based on the number of lesson days per month (including adjustments for holidays or other closures.) See our 2020 Calendar for ‘No Class’ dates.
- Example #1: You are in a Sunday WaterKids 3 class. In April, there will be (3) Sunday classes. At $28.98 per class, your April tuition will be $86.94.
- Example #2: You have a Thursday Waterbabies 1 (10-18 mos) class. In April, there will be (5) Thursday classes. At $24.84 per class, your April tuition will be $124.20.
Class Pricing: Tuition is charged monthly. **Families enrolling in the Winter 2020 session will be prorated for the classes remaining now through March 27. ** Effective 2020, tuition per lesson is as follows:
- WaterBabies (parent-tot): $24.84 per 30-min. class
- WaterKids (preschool & youth): $28.98 per 30-min. class / $33.12 per 45-min. class
Annual Registration Fee: Effective 2020, each enrolled family will be charged a $36 non-refundable Annual Registration Fee, to be charged in January. Families enrolling after January will be prorated this fee based on the month they begin classes. (This fee only applies once a family has enrolled in a class; they will not be charged for simply setting up their Parent Portal.)
Discounts: These discounts only apply when paying for the full month.
- Columbia Athletic Club (CAC) Member — Effective April 2020, if enrolling in a WaterBabies class at the club where you are a member, a $5 discount will be applied per month.
- Multiple Class Enrollment — Effective April 2020, if enrolling your child in more than one class, you are eligible for a multiple class discount of $5 off the second class per month.
Payment Information: Once you have established your personal Waterbabies Parent Portal, the payment information you entered will be held in our enrollment system for future use. This is a secure system that follows PCI compliance regulations for establishing a secure connection with your payment processor. Payment method can be changed and/or updated by you at any time.
Cancellations: Effective for April 2020 classes and later, you can cancel enrollment any time, as long as you cancel by the 14th of the month prior to when you wish to no longer attend (i.e.- If you wish to stop lessons in May, you would submit a withdrawal form to us no later than April 14th; otherwise you will be charged for May classes.) ** For Winter 2020 session, a full refund will be issued if you cancel your enrollment no later than one week prior to the session start. You must notify the Waterbabies office via email and speak directly with someone to confirm your cancellation.**
Refunds: New families may cancel their enrollment within 72 hours of enrolling and receive a refund for tuition and annual fees charged within that time, as long as they have not yet attended a class. Once they’ve attended a class, the above monthly (or Winter 2020 session) cancellation policy applies.
Absence from Class: If you or your child misses a class due to illness, vacation, religious holiday, etc., no credit or refund will be issued; however, we will do our best to schedule a make-up for you, should you request one. There are also several options available for families to get some extra water time (see “Extra Pool Time” section.)
- Report an Absence: Click here to Report an Absence. By reporting your absence, you create opportunities for others (like yourself) to take your spot in class that day for a “make-up”. Likewise, you can request a make-up when you miss a class.
- Make-ups: Click here to Request a Make-up. While space may be limited (based on the number of reported future absences), we will do our best to find a make-up opportunity for you. Make-ups are not guaranteed. There are no refunds or credits if you miss a class. Note: Due to contractual obligations at outlying pools, we can only offer a make-up class at your usual class location or at our main Renton facility.
Cancelled Classes: On occasion, Waterbabies will cancel a class due to pool contamination (fecal or throw-up), power outage, inclement weather, etc. When this happens, a (1) class Waterbabies credit will be placed in your Parent Portal for future use. This credit will remain in your account, if unused, for up to one year. **For Winter 2020 session, some make-up classes may be scheduled 3/28-3/31 in lieu of issuing credits. Affected families will be notified.**
As soon as the office is informed of the need to cancel a class, we will notify affected families via text alert.
Medical / Family Emergency: While no refunds are given, Waterbabies will issue credits under the following circumstances. These Waterbabies credits will remain in your Parent Portal, if unused, for one year from date of issue.
- Medical Emergency — You or your child develops a medical condition which prevents either of you getting in the water for an extended period of time (doctor’s note required.)
- Family Emergency — Something happens in your family which requires you to leave for an extended period of time (documentation may be requested.)
Class Schedule Subject to Change: Waterbabies reserves the right to cancel or adjust class times due to low enrollment within an instructor’s shift. If Waterbabies cancels a class due to insufficient enrollment, we will give you options for enrollment in another class. If we are unable to find an alternative, your tuition will be refunded. This also applies if your class time is affected due to low enrollment in a different class within your instructor’s shift, causing your class time to be moved up or back by 30-45 minutes.
Instructors Subject to Change: Waterbabies reserves the right to move instructors to different times or pools as needed by the company. While we strive to keep the same instructors teaching the same shifts as long as feasible, in the same locations for continuity, it’s not always possible. Some reasons for this are simply that their personal schedules may change or we may need them to teach elsewhere based on their particular program training.
Extra Pool Time: For extra water play and skills practice time, there are several options available to active Waterbabies families:
- Open Swimming in Bellevue: Click here for schedule and fees.
- Open Swimming in Renton: Click here for schedule and fees.
- Supervised Swims in Renton: On occasion, current enrollees will have an opportunity to sign-up for a free 30-minute time block to practice skills with their child, with an instructor present to provide guidance and answer questions. When these are scheduled, currently enrolled families will be notified via email of the opportunity,
Appropriate Behavior: WaterBabies believes in treating everyone with courtesy and respect; therefore, we hold that same standard to all families in our program. Waterbabies reserves the right to cancel enrollment for persons behaving in a rude or abusive manner toward other Waterbabies families, any facility staff, or other facility guests.
Inclement Weather: In the case of extreme weather conditions and/or poor driving conditions, we will do our best to initiate all cancellation communications in a timely manner.
- For daytime classes, under most circumstances if there are school closures in the district closest to the facility, we too will close and cancel classes. (If there are school district 1- or 2-hour delays, Waterbabies will continue classes as normal.)
- For weekend and evening classes, we will continually monitor the conditions and notify families as soon as possible once a decision has been made to cancel swim classes.
Equipment & Supplies
Swim Diapers: Reusable swim diapers are REQUIRED for all children under 5 years of age – even if potty-trained. Acceptable swim diapers: Reusable, cloth swim diapers with snug-fitting elastic around the waist and legs. Unacceptable swim diapers: disposable diapers, wraparound diapers, and diapers with ties, velcro, or wide-spaced snaps. See examples at our online store.
Goggles: Clear lens goggles (so your child can see you) are REQUIRED for all parents participating in WaterBabies (Parent-Tot) classes. Goggles are also REQUIRED for all children in WaterBabies 3 and higher level classes.
Swim Caps: REQUIRED for anyone (parents or children) with hair below their ears.
Towels: Don’t forget to bring your own towels to dry off and keep warm when transitioning from pool to changing room! (Reminder: towels at Columbia Athletic Club facilities are reserved for CAC members only.)
Swim Fins: Floating fins or zoomers are REQUIRED for children in WaterKids 5 or higher. These should be labeled with your child’s name.
Basic Guidelines & Pool Etiquette
Before WaterBabies Classes: We ask parents to wait on the benches/chairs at the side of the pool for your class to begin. Do not allow your child to wander on the pool deck or sit on the side of the pool splashing and kicking (this is distracting to the class in progress). When the class before you starts singing the ‘Goodbye Song’ that is the cue to come to the side of the pool and sit with your child to get ready for safe entry.
During WaterBabies Classes: Please stay with your class. If you need to move away to help calm your child, please let the instructor know.
Before/After WaterKids Classes: When children are in classes without a parent, at least one adult must stay on the pool deck during the class. If it’s too hot or crowded to wait in the pool area, at the very minimum, an adult must accompany swimmers on deck until they are safely in the water with their instructor, remain in the building during class, and return to meet them on deck 2-3 minutes before the end of their class.
Shouting: Do not shout instructions to your child from the side of the pool while they are in class. It is essential to allow the teacher to lead activities without interruption.
Pool Use: Enter and exit the pool promptly at the start and end of your class. The pool is for class use only. No open swim is allowed during lesson time unless otherwise posted.
Eating: Do not feed your child at least one hour prior to class to avoid the possibility of throwing up in the pool.
Ears: Internal ear infections are not caused by water entering the ear externally.
Weather: Be sure to dry ears and hair after exiting the pool, especially when it is cold.
Cold: Do not attend class if your child is discharging yellow or green mucous, as that is an indication of an infection. If your child has mild cold symptoms without an infection (runny nose, light cough), but feels well enough and is in good spirits, it is okay to come to class.
Fever: Do not attend class if your child has a fever.
Diarrhea: Do not attend class until you’ve had 7-10 days with no sign of diarrhea.
Chicken pox: Wait until the scabs start to fall off before coming to class.
Chlorine: We are not in the water long enough for the chlorine to be a problem unless you or your child has chlorine sensitivity.
Eyes: If your child has eczema, their eyes may be sensitive to the chlorine, and goggles will help protect their eyes.
Poop accidents: If you suspect your child has had a poop accident during class, please exit the pool before checking their swim diaper.
Communication: Keep us informed of any health conditions or contagious illnesses ASAP.