Join us at Waterbabies Aquatic Center for Open Swim time! Open Swims are open to current or prior Waterbabies families with the purchase of a drop-in or stamp card pass. From now through March 27, 2020, drop in anytime* during these Open Swim hours:
Tuesdays, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
Wednesdays, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
Thursdays, 7:00 – 8:00 PM
Fridays, 1:00 – 2:00 PM
* Open swim hours are subject to lifeguard availability. Please call ahead: 425-643-3533.
Open Swim time is only offered at the Renton WaterBabies Aquatic Center:
17110 116th Ave SE, Suite D, Renton, 98056
Types of Passes
Stamp cards are available for purchase at the front desk at the Renton facility anytime during our usual class schedule hours; drop-in passes are available for purchase same day only. Stamps cards are good for one full year from the issue date. Don’t lose your card! Stamp cards will not be replaced if lost or stolen, so please take care not to lose them.
Family Swim Pass
Good for up to (2) adults with up to (4) kids/dependents
Cost: Drop-in Pass (1 visit): $8 / Stamp Card (11 visits): $80
Adult Swim Pass
Good for (1) adult 18 years or older OR (1) youth 13 years or older with swim test
Cost: Drop-in Pass (1 visit): $6 / Stamp Card (11 visits): $60
Open Swim Rules/Policies
All Waterbabies Aquatic Center facility rules and all general Waterbabies policies (including swim diaper and swim cap requirements) apply during Open Swim times.
• Children under 18 years of age or under 54 inches tall (4.5 feet, the depth of our pool) must be directly supervised by an adult who is in the water and within an arm’s length at all times. The only exception to this is if the student has passed a Waterbabies swim test, in which case the parent does not have to be in the water but must remain in the pool area, within sight of their child.
• An adult may not supervise more than (2) children in the water.
• Wristbands: All swimmers will need a wristband; this will let the lifeguard know who is permitted to be in the pool as an open swimmer.
• Open Swim takes place in designated areas in the big pool only. (No small pool use.) Please be respectful of the other classes going on in the pool. Try not to encroach into class areas, or be disruptive in any way.
Do you want to be a “Water Watcher?” We know water safety is important to you. If you would like to help out as a safety observer during Open Swim times, ask at the front desk for more details!
Waterbabies Swim Test
In order to swim without supervision, a young swimmer must be able to:
1. Swim half the length of the big pool without goggles or flotation assistance, turn around without touching the wall or bottom of the pool, and then swim back. (Swimmer must be face-down in the water, not on their back.)
2. Tread water for 30 seconds without touching bottom. Nose and mouth must stay out of the water.
A Waterbabies staff member will oversee the test. If the swimmer passes, their name will be logged at the front desk for future visits.